The Art Star Craft Bazaar is less than 1 month away!! With around 140 amazing artists/crafters participating, it is easy to become overwhelmed and want to buy everything! We recommend coming to the show with a game plan. We will be sharing ASCB Shopping Lists until the big day (May 10th/11th), so you can come with a plan of attack. Today’s shopping list is devoted to clothing b/c we have a pretty large group of vendors in this category this year. This shopping list does not include screen printed T-shirts, onesies, etc – I will devote a post to them in the coming weeks!
We have a slew of vendors selling unique, fashion forward clothes just in time for you to freshen up your spring/summer wardrobe! Which one of these vendors are you excited to check out? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!
1. Pretty Snake Joseph Aaron Segal is the genius behind this line of cool clothing. He had me at CATS! But seriously, his prints are amazing! He is on my personal ascb shopping list this year. Joseph was a contestant on Season 11 of Project Runway and currently teaches at the Rhode Island School of Design. This will be his first year participating in our bazaar.
2. Meerwiibli This line of clothing is expertly hand made in Phoenicia, NY by the lovely Sarah-Maria Vischer-Masino. Sarah-Maria recently opened up a shop called the Tailored Mermaid in Beacon, NY, which showcases clothing & accessories handmade by Sarah and other talented designers. She will be setting up a Tailored Mermaid pop up shop at the bazaar so she will also be selling clothing by Snoozer Loser, Vilma Mare and Quel Theatre.
3. Rebe by Debra Weiss We are happy to welcome back Art Star Craft Bazaar alum, Debra Weiss who is the talented woman behind the clothing line, Rebe. Each piece is truly a wearable work of art and her line is a favorite among ascb shoppers. Debra’s clothing is sold exclusively at craft markets and her daughter (and booth mate!) Hillery Sproatt’s online shop called Specks & Keepings. Don’t miss this chance to shop her line in person!
4. Temperate creates ethically responsible and timeless pieces made from 100% organic cotton and non-toxic, plant based dye. The clothing is not only beautiful but also comfortable and designed to be worn in a temperate, two-season climate. Their production process is low impact and their clothing is grown, milled & sewn in the USA so you can feel good about your purchase. This will be Temperate’s first time participating in our bazaar and we are excited to check out their clothes in person!
5. Megan Auman I have had Megan Auman’s leggings on my wishlist for a while now and I plan to finally pick up a pair at the bazaar. I love the colorful, painterly prints the she has designed for these. She has a bunch of different colors & patterns. I am having a hard time choosing which ones to get…. These prints are also available on clutches, pillows, and scarves. Plus, she makes incredible steel jewelry. She is a very talented lady and I am always looking forward to seeing what she makes next.
There are so many great clothing vendors this year that I have decided to break this up into two posts. Soooo, To be continued…………